Are you interested in offering airtime, mobile data, DStv and GOtv subscription? If your answer is yes, in this article am going to teach you how to start a VTU business in nigeria 2021 with your budget (start from N1,000, N2,000, N3,000) and earn up to 10,000 naira monthly doing this business only.
- What is VTU Business In Nigeria?
Tools For Starting VTU Business In Nigeria With Low Budget
- List Of The Best VTU Platform In Nigeria.
- Cheapest VTU Business Platform (Jumia One).
- How To Register VTU Agent On Jumia One App.
- Expensive VTU Business Platform (BillsAfrica)
- How To Register On BillsAfrica
- Current Billsafrica Service for installation.
- BillsAfrica Payment Gateway available for installation.
- Frequently Ask Questions On VTU Business In Nigeria.
What is VTU Business In Nigeria?
VTU is abbreviation for Virtual Top Up. It also know as recharge and get paid.
This business is one of the most popular businesses among nigeria youths.
This is an act of providing data bundles, (MTN, Airtel, Glo, 9Mobile) recharge card, TV subscriptions and other with any amount you have in your bank account. You can even start from N1000.
You may like to read: 5 Online Business You Can Do With Your Smartphones In 2021
Trust me, you can earn more income doing this VTU business in nigeria. All what you need is top up data, airtime to people’s line from your account number.
And they don’t need to type the recharge card or use USSD code. It going to credit them automatically. Just like when they buy airtime from their bank account.
Now, VTU business in nigeria is of the quick and legit way to make an extra income ( as a student or small business owner).
To me, this VTU business is one of the cheapest businesses you can start quickly in Nigeria and make extra income.
That’s why I decided to share this with you, the two legit (expensive and and cheap) platform to use.
Let Dive In.
Tools For Starting VTU Business In Nigeria With Low Budget
Before you can start this VTU business, you need to know what exactly you need to get started. Here are what you should know before getting started.
To start a VTU business in nigeria, you need some tools use use or apply to succeed in the business. Below are the tools for starting VTU.
- A good something or PC: You need to get a good smartphone or personal computer to run this business. To avoid bad connection and service delay.
- Bank account: You will need to create bank account number if you don’t have one. You are going to need your debit card number to pay for the service and also if you want to receive money from clients.
- Valid SIM card: Get a good SIM card, choose a best service provider (MTN is recommended) to avoid network problem during the transition process.
- Advertisement strategies: To get more customer, you have to apply some advertisement strategies. You can advertise on social media network (facebook, instagram, twitter or WhatsApp) and other ads network.
- Focus: you have to focus on how you can succeed in this business. Because of this business challenges. Some transaction might delay to deliver the service to customer, and they can start calling you a scammer.
Don’t abuse them back, because customer always right, beg them and tell them the reason of the delay ( it might be network issue). Your focus is to succeed in this business. And you can’t, if you don’t have more customer.
- Internet Connection: You won’t be able to do this VTU business internet connection. Apart from using data to browse your VTU platform, You will nees data to to communicate with your customer online (blog, facebook, Whatsapp and other social media network).
65% of people are using mobile phones for this reason. You must get a valid SIM card for the internet connection with any service provider(MTN, Airtel, Glo And 9Mobile) of your choice .
- Instant Notification Setup: You will need to get a fastest notification account (Software), to instantly send a notification the customer. To avoid argument. You can even create a Whatsapp (and WhatsApp group), Instagram, Twitter account and Facebook page. To solve your clients issues.
- Choose VTU Platform: choose the most cheapest platform, if you can’t afford the premium platform to get started on VTU business. And one of the most cheapest VTU platform in nigeria is Jumia One. And the paid one is BillsAfrica.
List Of The Best VTU Platform In Nigeria.
Am going to show you a list of top 20 VTU Platform in nigeria. that are completely cheap and easy to get you started.
- VTU Place
- Juma One
- Bolt Recharge
- Instant Mobile
I won’t be able to talk on each platform, but am going to talk about the most reliable VTU platform from the list. Both cheap and expensive platform to start VTU business in nigeria.
Cheapest VTU Business Platform (Jumia One).
Open your phone google play store then search and install the app named “Jumia One app”. It available for all android phone and iOS. If you don’t have google play store, search on google, you will see other site to download it.
You may like to read: 5 Fastest Online Loan In Nigeria [ 2021 Reviews ]
Once you installed the app, open it and register on jumia One platform, and start running VTU business in nigeria instantly.
If you don’t know how to go about it. This steps below should make it easy for you to register:
How To Register VTU Agent On Jumia One App.
- Sign Up: Visit www.jumia.com.ng and register as a VTU agent, you will provide your personal details. Such as name, surname, business name, mobile phone number, valid email address, strong password. Within a gew minutes, everything
will be done.
- Sign In: After the successful of the registration, login to your jumia One accoun with the details you provided during the registration. Ensure you use your own mobile number and email address in case of any issue.
- Choose VTU Business service: Now Choose the VTU service you need immediately. Such as:
- Data top up.
- Electricity Bill.
- Airtime top up.
- Cable TV subscriptions.
The next step is to show you how to start selling (airtime, data, pay bills) on jumia One platform.
Select the service that clients need on Jumia One, Select the service provider (MTN, Airtel, Glo, 9Mobile, GOtv, DStv, FreeTV, StarTime).
Then now Input the the customer’s phone number or the service Id like betting Id number, TV I’d number and others.
After that, Confirm the transaction process and provide your debit card details to pay for the service. Then click “Pay now” to complete the transaction.
Once the transaction completed, the customer will receive an alert of the service through SMS. And you will make 3-5% of the deposit. But this depending on the amount of the transaction.
Expensive VTU Business Platform (BillsAfrica)
BillsAfrica.io is reliable VTU business platform that doesn’t need you to code anything script or hire any programmer. This is the best platform for african.
With BillsAfrica, You can start online banking (send and receive money). And earn extra income from home.
How To Register On BillsAfrica
First thing to do is to visit www.billsAfrica.io, and tap on “get started”
You will be redirect to sign up page, where you will provide valid email address, mobile number, account name (that is account number name), and strong passcode.
After the successful of the registration, you will have access to build your bills payment platform and provide bank services (money transfer).
So find your BillsAfrica account by click on account balance icon at the top right corner. You are going to see your custom account number.
Note: BillsAfrica will charges 50 naira for deposit.
You can create a VTU Business website on billsafrica without having knowledge of code, they made everything super easy for almost everyone.
In the VTU website, You will have three home page, and six dashboard templates available and it’s free to install.
You may like to read: Four of the Best POS Machine In Nigeria [Reviewed And Rated]
Also, you can customize the VTU home page template with their best code editor to edit and save the new design.
If you don’t want to use BillsAfrica subdomain, you can add your own domain for free ( and there is free domain online such as: .tk, .ga, .cf, .qg and many more).
If you are beginners (or you just want to get started now) you can use the sub domain, you don’t need to worry about getting a new paid domain. You will just install any product like airtime with a click of a button.
Current Billsafrica Service for installation.
- Airtime (Free for Demo sake)
- Data (Paid)
- Bank Transfer (Paid)
- Electricity (Paid)
- Cable TV (Paid)
If you can’t afford the paid service you run the recharge card services. Then when you earn extra income, you will install the remaining services.
BillsAfrica Payment Gateway available for installation.
- Virtual Account
Frequently Ask Questions On VTU Business In Nigeria.
What is the benefits of VTU business in nigeria?
If you have the opportunity of starting a VTU business in nigeria and run to it in time and start making your money small small, you are going to be earning at least 3 to 5% on each deposit (transaction).
If you get N30 every day if you start with small amount of money (like 1,000 naira). That’s means you are going to be receive at least 90% profit monthly.
What is the minimum amount to start VTU business in nigeria.
To start this business, you don’t need much capital. You can start from N1,000, N2,000 N3,000. You don’t need to be worry about the amount you can start from. Just start with your budget (N1,000 upward).
Is selling recharge card profitable?
Yes, is profitable business in nigeria. the recharge card business is producing a large amount of money in nigeria if you have enough money to run the business perfectly.
You may like to read: Moniepoint: Reliable And Trusted Mobile Money Platform
You can start this business anywhere in nigeria without panic of low customer.
Now in nigeria 89% of people are using cell phone ( GSM Network services) and all these people need airtime to connect with their love once.
How do VTU business make money?
To start making money doing this business, you will need to register with any VTU vendor (like jumia One we talked about).
The VTU vendors are the owner of the platform (jumia) where you place orders for clients using their the vendor services and get paid a commission.
These is the end of this article, I hope you have understood what the VTU business in nigeria is, how to get started and the cheapest Platform you can use.
Now you should make efforts to start this business in the right time. You don’t need to waste any more time. If you still have any other questions regarding this article, please feel free to drop your comment through the comment section below.
I really want to know your thoughts on this article. And don’t forget to share with your family and friends. Thank.